Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 1

It's here! it's here! It's finally here!

After months of anxiously anticipating this very night, Yoga Teacher Training has officially begun! 

Tonight was my first Teacher Training class. We didn't dive into the practice or philosophy, instead, we used the time to dive into each other to get to know the people we'll be spending the next 10 weekends with.

                   Meet my class.


They are a very passionate, enthusiastic, jovial bunch.

My favorite part about this class is that despite everyone's lives having a twisting, turning course, they all wound up in the same Yoga studio on a Friday night in New York City as I did.

What I enjoyed even more was hearing about all of the different places they started their journeys from. 

I started my journey from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania...

                       But them!

Their journeys started from places scattered all over the world!

                         Japan
                      Indonesia
                          Paris
                      Venezuela
                           Malt
                      Argentina 
                          Israel
                    South Africa
              Dominican Republic
                          Korea


And thats the beauty of New York. It has this effervescent charisma that attracts people from literally everywhere on earth. You can see the world just by being here, because the world comes to you.

My appreciation for yoga expands all throughout me because I'm hit with the realization that, like a smile, yoga crosses cultures and touches people in the same way, regardless of race, language, heritage, religion, etc. 

What a cool thing to learn more about.

                     Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment